Pittarelli selected to attend Semper Fidelis All-American Program

Junior will participate in Washington, D.C. during the summer break

Meghan Keith, Reporter

Through his hard work and talent, Junior Noah Pittarelli was selected to go to Washington D.C. over the summer and participate in a program called the Semper Fidelis All-American program.

The Semper Fidelis All- American program is a program that honors students who have worked diligently on the field and in the classroom. This program allows students to tour the nation’s capital, hear from industry professionals, visit the Marine Corps base in Quantico and hear public speaking’s from pro- athletes.

Pittarelli says it was the encouragement from his parents to do well that pushed him to succeed and ultimately be selected for this program.

“My parents have always pushed me to do better than they did when they were in school, and just modeling off of that to really push myself to impress my parents,” Pittarelli said. “Just setting this for myself so that I can have success later in life, and better prepare myself for when I get down the road.”

Not just anyone can be accepted into the program. It takes a student who puts in the work, which is why only 98 people in the United States get selected.

“From my understanding it takes well-rounded individuals just within school and outside of school, and you know they just really want students that can connect on the academic and athletic level, and students who can work hard in the classroom and on the field. We just have that determination to succeed,” Pittarelli said.

Pittarelli advises freshmen and sophomores that, if they want to be selected, they must work on time management, which is key to success.

Pittarelli said, “You have to obviously put in time and practice to succeed athletically. You know you still have to allow yourself time to study and make sure your improving in school, and keeping your grades up so you are able to do athletic activities.”