Widelski Signs With Mount Olive University

After leading the team in kills with 327, Widelski signs to Mount Olive to continue her success

Ryan Smallwood, Staff Reporter

Senior Sam Widelski is very excited to graduate and go to college, as she recently signed to play volleyball for the University of Mount Olive.

For Widelski, it was an easy decision to attend Mount Olive. It has always been her lifelong goal to play at the highest level.

“I fell in love with the campus, the college itself and the coach,” Widelski said.

Although she is excited about going to college, Widelski feels anxious about managing classes and volleyball at the same time.

Touring schools can be a different experience for everyone, especially for those making their college decisions during Covid-19.

“It was the same as any other tour I went to the college, but I was by myself because I practiced with the team that day,” Widelski said.

For some people, Covid-19 has changed the way they tour campuses and get signed, yet Widelski’s experience seemingly did not change.

“It was very exciting and it was fun. I got to see the campus and play with the team,” Widelski said.

Not only did Widelski pick the University of Mount Olive for its athletics, but its many other attributes.

“They had what I wanted to major in, and the size of the campus was to my liking,” Widelski said

Widelski has played volleyball for five years. If it wasn’t for her coaches and dedication to volleyball she wouldn’t have made it to where she is now.

Getting to the college level is an accomplishment that comes with excitement and new challenges.

Widelski said she was looking forward most to, “just playing for the team, and I’m so excited about being an athlete there,”