What are Students Thankful for this Holiday Season?

by “rahmat” from creative commons

Jessica Klarman, Video Editor

Feelings of gratefulness have poured over into different themes of friends, family and life’s many filling opportunities for students this holiday season.

A common theme amongst our peers was feeling thankful for family and friends.

“I’m thankful for all my parents provide for me because if they didn’t work hard, I would not have the same life as I do today, and I’m thankful for the opportunities they give me,” junior Carolyn Kuga said.

For one student, feeling thankful is not only appreciating his family, but the opportunities school gives him as well.

“I am thankful for DECA because it has shown me that business is what I want to do and pursue as a career,” senior Patrick Page said.

For many students, feeling thankful and spreading cheer during the holiday season doesn’t fall short.

“I’m thankful for my friends because they make me happy and make me feel comfortable being myself,” senior Reagan Cochrane said.

One student expresses gratitude for his circumstances.

“The situation that I was put in. There are a lot of people who are a lot worse off in the world, which is why I try to do my part in the community. I’m just thankful for what I have compared to others,” freshman Caleb Van Doornewaard said.

Junior Kaylee Holland reflects on what she is most thankful for.

“I am most thankful for my friends and family who are always there to support me. Also, for my job at Jersey Mike’s because it is such a positive environment, and I love working there,” Holland said.

The warmth and encouragement of friends and family is something that is cherished and doesn’t go unnoticed by many students interviewed.

“I am very thankful for my family and their love and support, it is something I could never replace,” freshman Luke Heidinger said.

Growing up, parents are some of the most influential people in a teenager’s life and help shape one into the person they are today.

“I’m thankful for my mom because she made me who I am. I’m also thankful for how she raised me and how she made me open-minded and not to judge people,” senior Yaaye Dia said.

Alongside Dia, junior Elizabeth Ballou feels the same way.

“I’m thankful for my dad. My dad has always been there to support me and always comforted me when I’ve been at my worse and very best. He’s encouraging and very hard-working and never fails to make me laugh,” Ballou said.