Students embrace first fall dance

Morgan Johnson, Staff Reporter

Students have complained about not having an event in the fall for everyone, but this year that changed with the fall formal dance.

After years of not having a dance, SGA worked to make that happen for us

“I know it’s been a few years since we’ve had a fall dance, and the SGA members really wanted to have one because all the other high school areas have one,” Lead media specialist, Heather Fields said. “It is something that we knew would be really fun for our school, so they started getting everything together last spring to get permission for the dance and sure enough we got it.”

Sophomore Raegan Kalasz, SGA member really enjoyed the dance.

“It was so much more fun than I expected it to be, and everyone had a good time. Being a part of SGA, I can say we really worked hard to be able to have a dance for everyone,” Kalasz said.

The turnout of the dance is something everyone was happy about, according to sophomore Cooper Jarrell.

“I was surprised with how many people showed up. Obviously, I would have wanted more people there, but it was a really good first year start. I think it’s safe to say around 300 people came,” Jarrell said.

Though the dance was a success, there is always room for improvement.

Fields said, “The only thing I would change is the number of students who attended. I wish the outcome was bigger because I think it ended up to be a really fun event and I think everyone would have had fun so hopefully next year that will be different.”