Trentini finalist, Flores ends two-sport career

Varsity XC runner and soccer player, Reghan Flores excelled both on the course and field and in the classroom

Alexandra Flach, Staff Reporter

Senior Reghan Flores continues to leave footprints, adding to her legacy. Her positive perseverance and dedication to her academics and athletics can inspire future generations to have a similar impact.

Flores ran competitively for four years while playing soccer for seven.

She finds her sports so favorable due to the close companionship.

“Being on a team is more about the people you are with, and I have been lucky that everyone I played with or ran with has been welcoming and a good friend,” Flores said.

The harder we work at something, the more we are tested, but adversity brings rewards.

“For me the biggest challenge has been in the fall when I have cross country as well as competitive classic soccer, and the stress level on my on my body is physically and mentally very hard. However, being able to do what I love makes everything worth it,” Flores said.
Flores amassed several academic honors over her career including being a Trentini finalist, a TEAF scholarship selectee, a Morehead Scholarship semi-finalist and received the ABB Torch Scholarship and the Raleigh Sports Club scholarship.

Flores plans to attend UNC Chapel Hill and double major in biology and Hispanic studies.

“I think I made this decision freshman year when I decided to combine my love for helping others, community service and caring for children. I love to volunteer at daycares because of the children and atmosphere as well as my passion for science.”

Flores recommends to underclassmen to get their college essays done early and to apply to as many scholarships as possible. For balancing work and sports she has further advice.

“Spread out your work and do not procrastinate because this adds more work to what you already have, but you have to continue pursuing what you love and do not give up when it is difficult.