Soccer standouts plan their next steps

Seniors Josh Coan, Connor Cochrane, Dylan Chain, and Will Rudolph display the colleges they have chosen. All four are excited and hopeful for the future.

Jack Spreen, Staff Reporter

Four students Dylan Chain, Connor Cochrane, Will Rudolf and Josh Coan are signing to the school they have chosen to spend the next four years of their lives, playing soccer.

The four signees are all going to different schools: Coan has committed to Pittsburgh University, Chain has committed to The University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Rudolf has committed to Denison University and Cochrane has committed to The University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

Each program stood out to the players in different ways, swaying their decisions.

“I visited all the schools I got offers from and UNCW really stood out for me because of the location, the soccer program and facilities, and the academics. UNCW just felt like home,” Chain said.

All of the athletes have a confident outlook for the upcoming season and are ready to earn their spot on the team.

“I want to go in and make as big of an impact as I can, and I also hope to come in and win the starting job,” Cochrane said.

With the colligate level approaching, all the athletes must prepare for the season to match the play of their future opponents.

“I am looking to improve my speed of play and my technical ability so I am a standout on the field,” Chain said.

All the signees are unanimously excited for the next chapter in their life as college athletes and are even more excited to play each other in future games and tournaments.