Five athletes commit to college athletic programs

Jules Micchia, News Editor

Five athletes signed with their prospective schools Nov. 8.  These signees included two baseball players, a golfer, a softball player and a track runner.

The schools that the signees selected include a Division I school, North Carolina A&T, and Division II schools such as Lenoir Rhyne University, Barton College, Limestone College and Mars Hill University.

Samantha Bennett, golf commit to Limestone College, and state-runner-up has her focus on improving her game at the collegiate level.

“I am excited for getting to play,” Bennett said Carter Brogden, who has committed to Baron College for baseball, looks forward to his college career.

“I am excited for the atmosphere and environment at Barton. I’m excited to play baseball,” Brogden said.

Cole Abshire, a Lenoir Rhyne commit, looks forward to, “getting to meet a lot of new people and becoming a part of the team and trying to win some games.”

Kristoni Barnes, a track commit to NC A&T, looks forward to what a college student-athlete experience brings.

Barnes said, “I think I am looking forward the most to running in the relay, the 4×8, a lot of my friends and past competitors actually also signed to A&T, so I’m looking forward to being teammates and not rivals anymore, that would be awesome.”

Highly recruited football standout Dexter Lawrence will make his decision known on Dec. 14.