Forest Fire

• March 1Matinee Production

• February 15Cap and Gown Picture Day 2/19

• February 15Spring Sports meeting for Parents 2/20 6 p.m. Lindsey Gymnasium

Class of 2019 Trentini finalists announced

%28From+left+to+right%29+Donald+Hartsfield%2C+Tyler+Bland%2C+Tara+Wadford%2C+Reghan+Flores%2C+Maria+Parada+%28community+college+recipient%29%2C+Benjamin+Hayes+and+Olivia+Rudolph+
Back to Article
Back to Article

(From left to right) Donald Hartsfield, Tyler Bland, Tara Wadford, Reghan Flores, Maria Parada (community college recipient), Benjamin Hayes and Olivia Rudolph

Alexandra Flach, Staff Reporter

The 2019 Trentini Scholarship finalists are Tyler Bland, Reghan Flores, Donald Hartsfield, Benjamin Hayes, Olivia Rudolph and Tara Wadford.
Some of the selection criteria include academic and athletic achievement, personal ethics and citizenship and the extent to which the candidates have fulfilled their personal potential.
Anthony Trentini, for whom the scholarship is named, was a revered football coach and mentor.
“I was very excited because becoming a Trentini finalist was physical proof of my success that came from a year of dedication and hard work, and it would also alleviate some of the financial burden that comes with college,” Flores said.
Hartsfield received encouragement from one of his teachers to apply.
“My biggest motivation was my family and Mrs. Dunn who supported me the entire way, and I wanted to make them all proud,” Hartsfield said.
These six finalists will be interviewed by the selection committee in the coming months with the winner being announced in April. The winner will receive a $30,000 scholarship. The remaining five will each receive a $1,000 award.
The scholarship means continuing on a legacy and mindset of being active in all you do and being your best in everything you do.
Flores said, “I believe I can carry on a legacy of Tony Trentini simply by continuing to put everything I have into my passions. Whether it be in the classroom, on the track, or through volunteering in the community, I want to show others that hard work and dedication will pay- off if one only has the courage to continue pushing the boundaries of his or her limitation.”